It has become increasingly apparent in the past few years that there is an overwhelming need for law firms to have better cybersecurity in order to safeguard client and firm information from the risk of loss from a cyberattack or ransomware. Many are now struggling as breaches in firms have made headlines recently and attorneys’ clients are increasingly asking questions about firm security. If you think you aren’t susceptible you are mistaken!
Cyber Attacks on Law Firms
Law firms, even more so than many other businesses, cannot afford to fall victim to cyberattacks, the most common of which are malware, phishing, ransomware and denial of service attacks. As a matter of fact, details have recently been released about a first class-action lawsuit against a law firm for inadequate security measures. A complaint was filed, Shore v. Johnson & Bell. and alleges that the law firm engaged in “systematically exposing confidential client information and storing client data without adequate security.”
Is Your Law Firm Prepared for a Ransomware Attack?
Legal firms of all sizes are now asking:
- What should we do to keep our systems and data safe?
- How can we keep this from happening to us?
- Can we recover data completely and quickly if we should get attacked?
- How do we prevent ransomware attacks?
Law Firm Information Security
At JDL Group we understand the gravity of keeping your law firm’s data safe, your staffs’ and clients’ personal information secure, and what it means to be vulnerable to attack. Together with our industry partners we bring the expertise you need and work directly with your IT and Management teams to:
- Assess your compliance and security issues
- Find and remediate risks
- Deal with demanding statutory & compliance requirements, such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI Compliance, and others
- Protect all of your systems
- Train your staff to be responsive to possible attacks
- Update systems regularly
- Monitor around the clock
- Offer data loss prevention and backup recovery
- Leverage industry recognized certified staff and provide sound security solutions
Additional Cybersecurity Resources
Get this FREE Business Ebook Now – Ransomware Hostage: Securing Your Business Against Attack!
Ransomware is one of the most widespread and damaging threats that internet users face today. But what is Ransomware and why does it pose a threat to your business? Ransomware is a widespread and damaging type of malware, short for malicious software, typically used to extort money from businesses by encrypting the user’s files and preventing access to those files. Loss of access to critical files, followed by a demand for payment, can cause massive disruption to a company’s productivity and potentially affect its reputation.
- Could your business be a victim of a Ransomware attack?
- How does a Ransomware attack actually happen and what does it look like?
- Can your company survive a Ransomware attack?
- Learn the nine best security practices to protect your business!
Next-gen security with real-time intelligence sharing between your endpoints and firewall.
The industry’s fierce Security Operations Center — SOC-as-a-service — that makes every link in the security chain stronger.
The cybersecurity management solutions required to eliminate attack vectors and safeguard business data and services every day.